Hawthorns is a dog friendly place, with an enclosed garden (although we cannot guarantee that it is dog proof - some dogs are very persistent!) and with the saltings so accessible, it is a great place for walks.
However, we do have some basic rules for visiting dogs to ensure that the garden is a safe and clean place for children, and to preserve the cleanliness and condition of the cottage.
* Dogs are not allowed on the furniture - this includes beds, sofas and chairs.
* Downstairs only please.
* They must not be left unattended in the property.
* They should be provided with their own bedding and feeding bowls.
* Any deposits in the garden must be picked up and disposed of in bags.
* Please be considerate to visitors who may be staying nearby and do not allow your dog to bark constantly - one of the beauties of the site is the quiet and peaceful location.
It is recommended that you bring a couple of dog towels as they can get extremely wet and dirty out on the saltings (particularly if they like swimming). There is a hose at the back of the house where dogs should be washed down before re-entering the cottage if they are in a dirty state.
As the main living area is open-plan, the soft sofas and chairs are very tempting for dogs at night-time, so please make sure that they can't get up and sleep on them.